Pediatric eye care solutions at Marion Eye Center and OpticalThursday, July 15th, 2021, 12:25 pm
At Marion Eye Center and Optical, we service patients of all ages, including children. We understand that many children experience similar vision issues as adults. Additionally, there are certain conditions that may develop that are better treated early on for successful intervention. In addition to comprehensive eye examinations, our doctors also provide the diagnosis and treatment of the some of the following concerns:
- Nearsighted – nearsightedness, or myopia, can cause patients to see things close, but not far away.
- Farsighted – farsightedness, or hyperopia, can cause patients to see things far away, but not close up.
- Astigmatism – can cause blurring of the vision due to an imperfect curvature of the eye
- Strabismus – strabismus, or crossed eyes, can occur in early childhood and can be addressed before it becomes a more serious or embarrassing issue for children.
- Amblyopia – also known as lazy eye, amblyopia can be effectively corrected using an eye patch and forcing the underperforming eye to function as needed.
Many of these conditions can be caught with comprehensive eye examinations. To treat them, early detection is critical. During an eye examination with an eye doctor, patients will undergo different tests to check vision acuity and eye health. Any concerns that are found are brought to the parent’s attention, and any treatment options are discussed. In some situations, certain eye conditions are monitored to check for progression before taking action, such as surgery. Comprehensive eye examinations can also help children get necessary eyewear such as prescription eyeglasses or contacts to correct their vision and assist them in seeing better each and every day. Poor eyesight can also cause issues at school due to dyslexia, not being able to see the whiteboard, and the inability to see clearly to complete homework. If your child is struggling in school, an eye examination might be considered to rule out vision concerns.
Learn more about pediatric eye care solutions at Marion Eye Center and Optical
Patients in the areas of Illinois and Missouri who are interested in working with a dedicated team of professionals ready to help with vision concerns are encouraged to schedule an appointment at any one of our 36 locations throughout the area. At Marion Eye Center and Optical, we are committed to helping patients of all ages see the world around them with clear vision and healthy eyes!
Category: Pediatric Eye Care