What Are the Benefits of Oculoplastic SurgerySunday, October 15th, 2023, 12:00 pm
Oculoplastic surgery is a procedure that is used to correct various vision problems. Unlike other surgeries used to address vision problems, this surgery does not involve surgery on the eye itself. Instead, this surgery is performed on the tear ducts, the orbit of the eye, or the eyelids. Patients who receive this surgery find that it provides several benefits by correcting various medical conditions.
Conditions That Oculoplastic Surgery Helps
Dealing with any type of eye condition can be painful, frustrating, and debilitating. Oculoplastic surgery can help patients alleviate the symptoms they experience due to various conditions. Some of these include:
- Brow ptosis: This condition occurs when the eyebrows droop down and block the eyes.
- Ptosis: This occurs when the upper eyelid interferes with vision due to drooping over the opening of the eye itself.
- Entropion: People who have this condition experience vision problems due to their lower eyelids turning inward. As a result, the eyelashes and skin rub against the eyes, causing redness, irritation, and other problems.
- Ectropion: This condition occurs when the lower eyelids sag down and turn outward. This exposes the eyeball and can lead to crusting on the eyelids, redness, excessive tearing, and irritation.
- Blocked tear ducts: Having a blocked tear duct can cause chronic tearing, discharge, and even pain in the affected eye.
Oculoplastic surgery can help address all of these issues while dramatically improving the patient’s vision and eliminating the pain and suffering that they experience.
The Benefits of Oculoplastic Surgery
In addition to feeling relief from chronic eye conditions, patients further benefit from the cosmetic changes that this surgery provides, including:
- Appearing less tired
- Creating a smoother forehead
- Provide long-term improvement
- Ensures minimal scarring
All of the positive benefits of oculoplastic surgery can help to provide patients with the boost of confidence they need.
See How Oculoplastic Surgery Can Help You
If you are interested in seeing how oculoplastic surgery can help you, reach out to the team at Marion Eye Center & Optical to request an appointment online. To reach their Illinois office, call 800-344-7058, or for the Missouri office, call 877-269-4545 to schedule an appointment to get started.
Category: Oculoplastics Surgery