Pediatric eye care services available at Marion Eye Center and OpticalSaturday, August 15th, 2020, 2:18 am
At Marion Eye Center and Optical, we help patients in the areas of IL and MO with their eyecare needs. Additionally, we have a unique focus on helping children with vision concerns. We offer pediatric eyecare for new and current children, and work with the entire family to offer specialized care.
What services are available for children at Marion Eye Center and Optical?
There are a wide range of conditions and treatments available at our practice for children, including the following:
- Amblyopia – children who have one or two “lazy eyes” need to be evaluated early to provide successful treatment. This condition can significantly impact a child’s vision development and acuity. In most cases, including strabismus (cross eyes), these conditions can be improved with the use of an eye patch to correct the issue.
- Poor vision acuity – parents who have concerns about their children’s vision will want to schedule their child for an eye examination. During this time, we will test the child’s vision acuity with certain age-appropriate exams. Children may be diagnosed with vision issues such as astigmatism, nearsightedness, or farsightedness. Eyeglasses and contact lenses may be used to correct these issues and improve clarity.
- Conjunctivitis – also known as pink eye, conjunctivitis can be viral or bacterial. It can cause pink, watery, itchy eyes. This condition is highly contagious, and often requires medicinal eye drops to treat.
- Stye – styes are a bothersome growth that can develop underneath the eyelid. It can be painful and irritating. While most of them go away on their own, those that remain after two weeks should be evaluated by a professional.
- Corneal abrasions – injury to the eye can cause serious problems, so it is essential to speak to an eye doctor as soon as possible to evaluate the eye and determine the appropriate treatment options. Cuts, injuries, or other problems that occur require the assistance of a professional.
Are you interested in learning more about services for your child at Marion Eye Center and Optical?
Contact our team today to schedule a consultation visit with our providers and discuss the benefits of healthy vision for your child!
Category: Eye Care for Kids, Pediatric Eye Care